Tuesday 9 January 2018

Toolkit 2: Character Design - Week 10, One-Day-Challenge

For the One Day character design challenge we were put into groups and given an existing children's cartoon, and our job was to each come up with an additional character (could be a hero, villain or even an animal). My team and I got the Canadian animated series 'Wild Kratts', which aims to educate children about animals. 

In the animated series, there are multiple heroes alongside multiple villains. After a long time of trying to come up with something that does not exist in the series or is not going to be designed by any other members of the team, I decided to create a villain.
The villains are based on already existing issues, such as captivity or animals' usage for fashion, so I  too decided to find an existing issue and base my character on it. I designed an oil company owner, who unlike the other villains is not trying to capture the animals, but rather carelessly pollutes the environment. I was trying to use the simplistic style of the other characters, which was slightly difficult for me. My aim was to try and make the character look oily and greasy, which shows the character's usual environment as well as his personality.
For the One Day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment