Friday 16 December 2016

What If? Metropolis - Reflective Statement

Overall I have very mixed feelings about this project. I really like the idea of trying to create something as if you were collaborating with another artist, however it proved to be a huge challenge at the same time. My first and second ideas about the city were rejected, which is understandable as they did not fit the tasks description very well, but it kind of made me waste time and scare me away from the project at the beginning. As the first ideas were unsuccessful, I felt a bit lost at what direction to continue at and I made a mistake by not asking for help right away, but instead trying to figure it out by myself. I will make sure to ask tutors' help right from the start for the next project.

I am overall happy with the final city model and how it turned out, but I had a very bad time with Maya, as I was trying to model, but my computer slowed down the whole process to the point where I had to wait several minutes just to open a file; so the whole experience with the software was extremely frustrating and exhausting. Furthermore, I feel like I have given myself another big challenge, as without a lot of knowledge in the software, I chose to model a fairly complex city comparing to my experience with Maya. But, it is undeniable that I have learned to use more tools and understand just how complex it is, but is able to create amazing things.

All in one, I found this project very difficult and had some rough time with it, but I am looking forward for the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment